Friday, January 9, 2009

Really Really Bad Week!

So the WA Hokanson's have started the new year off with a bang! Do you remember in high school when you played sports and the first week (heck week) when they condition and push you to build up your endurance? Well this last week and half has been our own personal heck week. Where do I start...oh yeah. First on Monday (before new years) Mike got into a work truck and wrenched his back and then we went to Tri-Cities...his back getting worse and worse. We stop to get a perscription for Haylee and our Suburban dies...bad like we have to call Mom and Dad to come save us (and Jeff). Mike can't help us get the burb on the trailer so I have to help Dad...let me tell you it was like I was a teenager again...I smashed my thumb in between the chain and the trailer and comes over grabs my thumb, shakes it and says "its not broken," as I am howling in pain. We then take mom's car home and they haul the burb to Mattawa. Mike is laid up until Wednesday (new years eve) and then decided he's well enough to change the tires on the little car...HA! Next thing I know he is crawling into the house in great pain. So he's laid up in bed and I am now in charge of feeding the cows. On the 1st I am making my way to feed the cows and I realize that it is really slippery...I tell Frans and Owen "be careful its slippery." As soon as the words left my mouth I twisted my ankle and fell. I sat in the snow and laughed because I thought it was funny...until I tried to get up and walk. I soon realized I had hurt my ankle really bad as I couldn't walk on it. I had Owen run in and get Mike's walking stick and I still couldn't walk inside so I crawled on my hands and knees across the yard in the snow to get inside. When our home teacher got there Mike hunched over his stick me laying on the floor with a rapidly bruising ankle...we just started laughing...it was either that or crying. We must of looked insane! Okay long story short...I sprained my ankle really bad--Frans (big F) took me to the Doctor--I barely have started walking on it today with assistance from crutches still. The next night we were up at 3 in the morning getting Jax a bottle and Mike hobbled to the sink and turn on the water--no water! Our water froze...the next two night Jax didn't sleep and started having a hard time breathing...turns he has broncitis ( I am sure the spelling is wrong). Things are looking up a bit though. We are thankful for all the awesome ward members bringing us meals and helping us clean...how can anyone live with out the RS and hometeachers?

3 comments:

~PEARL & MAT~ said...

I think the amount of trials is dirrectly proportional to spirituality. Like if you are super spiritual then you get super trials....right? But seriously you guys are awsome, keep laughing through it and im glad you have good people taking care of you. love you tons.

Deborama said...

Oh my goodness! That is funny, but not! I hope you guys are getting back to normal! My kids always seem to have accidents all at the same time but I don't know what we would do if it was me and Scott! :) yikes!

The TAUFA'S said...

Way to hang in there Jenny! I'm glad that the gospel has the programs (Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers) to help us in our time of need.