Monday, November 30, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
Top 10 things you must do in Vegas: (Okay I actually have 11 because of a tie)
10. Go to the Buffet at the Wynn
9. Watch the Volcano errupt at the Mirage
8. Walk the Strip at night--people watch
7. See the Bathroom in Le Paris Hotel (and the Hotel is pretty awesome)
6. Walk through the Forum Shops at Ceasar's Palace
5. See the celebrities at Madam Tousouses(spelling??) they are shorter than they look on T.V.
4. Watch someone gamble at the tables--its amazing when you see someone throw down $800
3. See a Cirque Du Solie (spelling?) preformance
2. Tournament of Kings--knights fighting--pretty awesome
1. See the Las Vegas Temple/watch the Fountains at the Belligio
10 Things to Beware of:
10. Traffic on the strip--took us 2 hours to go three miles
9. Casinos are mazes on purpose--look for a map in each lobby
8. If you hear a taxi honking get out of the way or it will run you down.
7. The dealer ALWAYS wins--always! I saw lots of people just waiting for their luck to turn trust me it won't.
6. Be prepared to smell smoke...and smoke...and more smoke-from cigars to pipes to cigarettes
5. Realize that driving a moped, motorized wheelchair, or trike while drinking is a bad idea especially for the other people on the sidewalks!
4. Girls in swimsuits and stillettos--everywhere--give me a break ladies its really not that flattering--seriously (maybe if they were sober they might realize that their butt cheek is hanging out flapping around--gross!)
3. Realize that sometimes its just best not to watch the ads on all the video screens everywhere--ignore it.
2. There will be slimy guys and girls trying to pass out pictures of topless--ugly (I think didn't look so I am just guessing by the amount that was discarded on the ground) women
1. When you sit down at a table take into consideration that it has been known that at some establishments women may have been dancing on said table--therefore wiping their thong clad butt all over said table. Plus the chair you are sitting on has probably been sat on by some chick walking around in her bikini and stillettos when she ate her lunch. I am just saying--not the cleanest part of someone's body being swished around on the table or chair!
For the most part Vegas can be a lot of fun. If you want to find bad it is definitely there but there is also lots of good things to do and you can avoid the bad if you choose to do so. If you decide you would like to take a hand at Blackjack or gambling--do so realizing that you will eventually lose and it is best to try the night or day you leave and bring to the table a dollar amount you are willing to lose and nothing else that way you don't spend you entire vacation trying to get back what you lost. It is best for most of us to just enjoy watching others lose their money and keep yours in your pocket!
Friday, July 3, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Here is Owen's team they took fourth. They did a great job and they were the youngest team there.
Here is Owen batting and running to first, he had a few good hits today. I think next year we need to work on getting him to relax more at the plate. When he is relaxed he does awesome! He is a very fast runner and a great slider. He gets his toes pointed and was called safe. Todays tournament went smoothly and I thought it was a great day. There were a few things that came up but nothing unmanagable. I really enjoyed the ball today--I love BALL! If I could go back and do it again I would make straighter foul lines. (Ha!) I don't think I will be volunteering to run the tournament next year. I want to coach Frans and Molly in T ball. Ball for the Hokanson's is over for the year. If you want to see more picts check it out on facebook I will put them all there.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Back to my story, supposidly I am in charge. I guess that means that everyone that is a coach can call me and tell me who I need to get to ump, because they "know people that know the rules". What the H is that supposed to mean? Like I don't? The problem is that this particular coach had a problem with me umping one of the games her team played. Apparently all she has to do is call the President of the L.L. and that means it all goes her way. What am I doing wasting all my time for? I just have a problem when people start calling me out of the blue and telling me they were told I needed umps that know the rules. I personally thought it would be best to get umps from another town so that there were no favorites being played. Come on...people I coached last year, got all the memos from this years meetings, and I have been ump for a whole bunch of games this year...I think I know what I am doing. Good grief...I guess this is what I get for living in such a small competitive place.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Yes, his wish is Haylee's command. I am not sure what we would all do with out her. Jax is in this stage of eating anything and everything thats on the floor (if you need example look at Mike's blog a few times ago). This wouldn't be a bad thing except no one seems to want to clean the floor so there is lots to choose from for Jax.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
The turtle was moving pretty quickly. I finally decided to wake Mike up (who'd been sleeping because he'd worked all night) and he came and got the turtle and put it into the tub. How did a turtle get into our house? Well, apparently Mike brought it home when he worked all night and put it in a box in the laundry room. It got out and had crawled, who knows how long, around the house.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
This is Owen in his first match, same tournament as Frans, and he did a really good job. It was a tough match up and he won by one point. He went on to lose his second and third matches. He did really well at the begining of both matches but then something happens and he gets frustrated then its all down hill from there. He got pinned the second time and the third match he lost by one point. At the end of the day he had a huge scratch down his face and his eyes hurt from not being able to breath (he got a little choked on the last match). I keep trying to help him learn how to shake it off and move on but its hard to teach that I guess. I am really pleased with both boys and how hard they worked all day. After the second match Owen wanted to quit wrestling, "never do it again!" After a little pow wow with me he deceided that he could go ahead and keep wrestling. I told Owen that if it wasn't fun he shouldn't do it...he still thinks its fun and in fact asked if we could go to the tournament this next weekend. Unfortunately we can't because I have to work and these tournaments are way too much stress for Mike.
Friday, February 27, 2009
We have purposefully not cut their hair because we wanted it to stick up for today. I think its funny that Owen's hair is actually quite curly--and yet all the girls are pretty straight. We hardly ever let his hair get so long so normally Owen's hair appears straight. I personally think his hair looks cool. We had fun!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
1. Biggest Loser
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Gilmore Girls Reruns
4. Man V Food
5. Amazing Race
6. The mentalist
7. Man vs Wild
8. Private Practice
8 Things that happened yesterday:
1. Came home early from work because I was sick.
2. Slept--took a nap
3. Read a book
4. Watched my kids completely destroy my house.
5. Tried to figure out the "challenge" for primary kids
6. Went to Wal-Mart to get medicine for Jax and I
8. Tried to calm Mike's worries (scout pies, messy outside, reunion...etc.)
8 Things I am looking forward to:
1. Mikaydi's Birthday on Tuesday
2. Reunion this summer--seeing the Hokanson's
3. Starting a new book
4. Jax feeling better and sleeping through the night
5. me feeling better and sleeping through the night
7. Going to Jens' play next week with Mike (ooh a date)!
8. Thanksgiving in the Fall---getting together with the Yorgesen Fam.
8 Things on my wish list:
1. to find my missing shoe (perhaps Mikaydi or Molly did something with it?)
2. to find my missing cord for my phone (two girls I predict hid it)
3. Finding time to scrapbook
4. an Alaskan Cruise with Mike
5. a family vacation to disneyland
6. maid service (I'm with Sally on this one)!
7. a scrapbooking weekend with my friends
8. my laundry to be all done at the same time--I don't think this is possible
8 Things Mike did yesterday:
1. watched TV
2. fixed washer machine
3. fixed girls light
4. tried to get the tractor going
5. fixed the a/c heater unit
6. cleaned the utility room
7. watched a movie with me
8. made the kids lunch!
8 People I Tag:
Sunday, February 15, 2009
♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating? A few months
♥ Who asked who out? He asked me.
♥ How old are each of you? He is 37 and I am 32.
♥ Whose siblings do/did you see the most? Mine just because of location.
♥ Do you have any children together? Six
♥ What about pets? We have had several...cats...cows...dogs...fish.
♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Colors of walls
♥ Did you go to the same school? Yes College
♥ Are you from the same home town? No
♥ Who is the smartest? I am...sometimes
♥ Who is the most sensitive? I don't know
♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple? Chinese
♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Hawaii
♥ Who has the craziest exes? He definitely does...I only dated sane people.
♥ Who has the worst temper? Me
♥ Who does the cooking? Me
♥ Who is more social? Definitely me...he gets anxious
♥ Who is the neat freak? He is inside but doesn't complain because he doesn't want to do it himself.
♥ Who is the more stubborn? He is.
♥ Who hogs the bed? He does.
♥ Who wakes up earlier? He does when he has to work...I do when he doesn't.
♥ Where was your first date? Watching movies in the cold shed at the land...he wanted to warm me up.
♥ Who has the bigger family? He does 8 siblings tons and tons of cousins
♥ Do you get flowers often? Very rarely...he thinks there a waste
♥ Who is more jealous? If I have to pick someone probably me...but neither really.
♥ How long did it take to get serious? A couple of weeks...we knew it was different right from the start but I was in denial as I was kind of dating someone else.
♥ Who eats more? Him.
♥ Who does/did the laundry? I do--he tries and shrinks clothes.
♥ Who’s better with the computer? Me
♥ Who drives when you are together? He does the control freak.
Tag! You're it!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
1- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make!
2- What I create will be just for you.
3- It'll be done this year. (might be a little while)
4- You have no clue what it's going to be.It may be a story. It may be poetry, shoes, bags, or a little invention of my own! I may draw or paint something. I may bake you something and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you, that's for sure!
5- I reserve the right to do something extremely strange. Believe me... it may blow your mind!
The catch? Oh, the catch is that you must repost this on your blog and offer the same to the first 5 people who do the same on your blog. The first 5 people to do so and leave a comment telling me they did win a FAB-U-LOUS homemade gift by me! Oh, and be sure to post a picture of what you win when you get it!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Saturday, January 31, 2009
"Well, when I have time."
"Oh, well so are you like a snake?" I thinking WHAT? But I say, "What do you mean?"
"If you skin peels off like that then your like a snake...will that happen to me?" Needless to say I laughed and laughed. There he is my paranoid child.