Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wrestling Time Again...

Okay to this first picture is of Frans in his second match in Mattawa last Saturday. His first match he pretty much just rolled over and laid on his back. Before his second match I told him I would give him a dollar if he stayed off his back. He went out there and totally went after it! He got his first pin! Yeah Frans! In his third match he lost on points but he stayed off his back for his second dollar. I guess he needed some motivation besides just winning (whats the fun in that)apparently the right kind of motivation is money for Frans.




This is Owen in his first match, same tournament as Frans, and he did a really good job. It was a tough match up and he won by one point. He went on to lose his second and third matches. He did really well at the begining of both matches but then something happens and he gets frustrated then its all down hill from there. He got pinned the second time and the third match he lost by one point. At the end of the day he had a huge scratch down his face and his eyes hurt from not being able to breath (he got a little choked on the last match). I keep trying to help him learn how to shake it off and move on but its hard to teach that I guess. I am really pleased with both boys and how hard they worked all day. After the second match Owen wanted to quit wrestling, "never do it again!" After a little pow wow with me he deceided that he could go ahead and keep wrestling. I told Owen that if it wasn't fun he shouldn't do it...he still thinks its fun and in fact asked if we could go to the tournament this next weekend. Unfortunately we can't because I have to work and these tournaments are way too much stress for Mike.

No comments: