Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Strange Visitor


Okay so we had a strange visitor this morning. First let me say that last night Jax was awake a lot. This morning I was resting on the couch (and talking to Trish) when my little girls woke up came into the family room and start crying. Crying in the morning is not an unusual thing for Molly and Mikaydi as they generally wake up grumpy. Then Molly yells at me, "Mom, LOOK!" I turn around and see a TURTLE! I give a little yelp as I wasn't sure what it was at first. Mikaydi is just crying because she is scared and Molly can't decide if she should be scared or just go pick it up like she really wants to do.


I walk over to the turtle, not wanting to touch it (I guess I'm a weenie, too), and when I look back at the girls they all look like this peering over the couch! Molly kept saying, "Mom, don't let it poop on the floor!" Then she'd say, "MOM, it's POOPING!" anytime the turtles tail and head popped out. Mikaydi cried the whole time.



The turtle was moving pretty quickly. I finally decided to wake Mike up (who'd been sleeping because he'd worked all night) and he came and got the turtle and put it into the tub. How did a turtle get into our house? Well, apparently Mike brought it home when he worked all night and put it in a box in the laundry room. It got out and had crawled, who knows how long, around the house.




2 comments:

Sally said...

That is a weird thing to randomly find in your house! Cute 'girl' reactions from everyone!

The TAUFA'S said...

How cool is that?! How funny that mine is afraid of dogs and yours is a little leery of a turtle.