Sunday, March 8, 2009

Date Night?

Last night Mike and I had a little bit of a date night before going to our stake meetings. We went to the Red Lobster (for those of you who know me--they do have steak). We get there in plenty of time for us to make our meetings (Mikes priesthood meeting a little earlier than the combined adult session). However, after the waitress brought our salads she seemed to forget about us. I am not sure how she could have as Jax was completely bouncing off the walls, being nosy and talking and eating all the cheese rolls. It took like 45 minutes from the time we got our salads before we got our meal! At this point we know that we are definitley going to miss Mike's meeting. We get our meal and I bit into my steak...and it is like RARE (I guess the sawing through the hide and hearing the "moo" should of gave me a warning). I finish my potatoe all the while looking for our waitress to let her know that my steak is not done. By the time she showed back up I'd decided that if we wanted to make our next meeting then we'd better just go. She boxed it up for Mike (as he likes his steak rare). Then we get to the stake center-early we thought the meeting started at 7 but it didn't start til 7:30. As we are waiting for the meeting to start I start to feel really really sick. I excuse myself and spend the next 15 minutes in the bathroom trying to decide if I should sit or kneel before the toilet. It was terrible! Finally, I get enough courage to go back out and get Mike. I tell him that we have to go home now--I feel way too sick to stay. On the way to the car I heaved several times. With a quick stop for some sprite at Wal-Mart we went home and I spent the rest of the night moaning and in the bathroom, in between Jax being awake as well and Mike being frustrated because he is not sleeping.

3 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

did you get ecoli from your raw steak?

Sally said...

So sorry! Not fun.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jenny and I have been bothering you with my pain and illness. Hope you are feeling better.