Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Little League

Okay so I understand competition, I mean PLEASE, I am a Yorgesen after all. Our family lives for competition so I understand it. But even I don't get some of the crap that goes on in our small town. So heres whats going on...I volunteered ( I know crazy) to organize the L. L. tournaments this year. No problem right, well apparently not. First let me tell you that last year I coached and my team made it to the tournament and we took 3rd. While we were there my team was playing by different rules than all other 3 teams (hard to explain but it has to do with infield balls and "stations") so I get upset everyone tells me 'oh, well you should of known.' Thus this is why I volunteered to run these tournaments as I felt everyone should be told up front.
Back to my story, supposidly I am in charge. I guess that means that everyone that is a coach can call me and tell me who I need to get to ump, because they "know people that know the rules". What the H is that supposed to mean? Like I don't? The problem is that this particular coach had a problem with me umping one of the games her team played. Apparently all she has to do is call the President of the L.L. and that means it all goes her way. What am I doing wasting all my time for? I just have a problem when people start calling me out of the blue and telling me they were told I needed umps that know the rules. I personally thought it would be best to get umps from another town so that there were no favorites being played. Come on...people I coached last year, got all the memos from this years meetings, and I have been ump for a whole bunch of games this year...I think I know what I am doing. Good grief...I guess this is what I get for living in such a small competitive place.

1 comment:

The TAUFA'S said...

It is sad to be put in such a situation. The coach obviously has a problem and needs to work on her attitude. I would feel totally undermined and wondering why I was in charge of anything if I didn't have any say. You will get through it.