Monday, October 8, 2007

Seattle Freaks

Okay no offense to anyone that lives in Seattle but there are some real freaks over there. I went with my friends to Seattle for the weekend and had a blast. The only thing that really over shadowed anything was the weird political freaks on the street corners. On one corner this man was asking everyone if they cared at all--I almost stopped and said "Yeah, I do and quite frankly your the problem!" Of course then I am sure I would have been flogged by the masses as my political views in no way matches probably anyone in King County. Oh, and by the way if you are ever going to sit outside a restaurant and beg for food and money then maybe you should: 1. Leave your pet at home or where ever--if you are starving eat the animal or better yet sell it for some food money 2. Don't sit their with your full pack of cigarettes and smoke all night long--kick the habit use the money for food 3. You might want to put the food you are eating away for later--you don't look like your starving when your poping food in your mouth every five minutes. 4. Maybe you should take out the diamond stud nose peircing and 5. Maybe you shouldn't wear next to new nike shoes! I mean really I don't have anything against the homeless but I am not going to help someone that is doing the above. Other than some of the freaky people it was a great trip. I went to this restaurant called "The Melting Pot" and it was awesome. It's a fondue food place. We had to pick a cheese, pick sauce to cook our meats and then pick our chocolate. I thought I died and went to heaven. I also really enjoyed a food tour that we went on called Savor Seattle. Of course I don't like fish but I tried to be a good sport and ate some salmon...wanted to puke but held it together. However, they had enough other things that it was well worth it to me. We went to a wine tasting place and they were very respectful of the fact that I do not drink alcohol and instead they put out a 100% concord grape juice and apple juice--it was very tasty. It was just a fun experience. Oh, yeah and I also went to the Science Center--I had forgotten how fun that could be. I want to take my kids there instead of getting them christmas presents. Well, maybe we'll go to the dollar store and get a few cheap gifts so they have something to open on Christmas day. I just think that would be fun. I guess I'll just have to explain to my kids about the Seattle Freaks before we go!

No comments: