Saturday, September 15, 2007

Missionary Parents


Okay, my parents are on a mission in Moscow, Russia. This is the reason I have started the blog. I hope this is a good way for them to see pictures and hear what is going on in our daily lives. I have to say that I am surviving okay without them if you consider banging your head against the wall every other day survival. My mom has always been one of my best friends and not talking to her daily has been a chore for me. I have had to learn to be more independant--people tell me that's good because I have five children. Personally, I think its bad because I have five children. Since my mom would come and babysit some of the time (and now she is half way around the world) I have had to tell the PTA that I won't be helping much this year. Some how being independent also means not volunteering for me. It doesn't help much that one of my best friends is pregnant with a baby and has to take it easy. It has been an interesting experience for the kids as well. Molly now gets on the phone and the first thing she says is "Hi Papa!" it doesn't matter who it is. We don't get to talk to them very often as the calls are so expensive. I miss dad's humor and his motivating me on my exercise. I know that they are doing good and that makes it a little easier. So here's three cheers for the missionaries--Hip-hip-hooray (x3)!


No comments: