Thursday, September 13, 2007

Press Forward Potty Training

Okay well I guess I am going to try this blog thing. Maybe I'm a crowd follower after all? I just have to say--TOILET TRAINING! I am sure all of you other mothers are nodding your heads and having a moment of silence for me at this moment. Yes my child is almost 3 and we are in the depths of potty training heck. Its not like I haven't potty trained kids before either--I have done it three previous times. I guess this time my child decided to teach me that I really know absolutely nothing about potty training. She is the drama queen of our lives and it has now extended to the toilet. IF she goes potty we have to have a party for her. If she doesn't make it, well, lets just say we are in the depths of despare with her. We started trying to throw underware away if she messed as this worked really well with two of my boys. Molly is definitely different. With the boys they didn't want their "Buzz lightyear underwear" going in the trash so it only took one pair to go to the garbage and that was the end of it. Molly on the other hand doesn't care if its Tinkerbell or Dora (which she loves) she'll throw them away for you. I wonder if it comes down to her name after all her middle initial is "P". I bet thats really the problem, I'm sure its all my fault and will be my fault for years to come. Yes, I am realizing its always the parents fault. It doesn't matter that we see the child doing the funky monkey potty dance and you ask them three times if they have to go potty--its still our fault for not taking the bull by the horns and making them go potty. At least she's out of the pooh flinging stage. That would be way worse. So I look to the positive and press forward with the potty training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to cause you dismay but you do realize your next potty trainer has the middle initial of "P" as well......just something to look foreward to.
~Pearl~