Sunday, September 23, 2007

Popcorn and ears don't mix!

I sitting in my room feeling like I'm going to puke (No, not pregnant...just sick) and I hear this crying or should I say screaming. I don't really know what is going on so I come out of my room to try and find out what catastrophe has struck. I discover that Frans has some sort of problem. Now he is upset and he has speech problems so trying to figure out what is wrong sometimes is a trick. After doing several minutes of charades followed by naming different parts of his body that could be in pain I finally discover that something is wrong with his ear. I look into his ear canal to see a popcorn seed ( or is it called kernal?). Being sick and not wanting to go to the ER I decide to try and get it out myself. I try using some tweesers to pull it out, with no success. Still not wanting to go to the ER and wait 3 hrs, I call my doctor's wife's cell phone. They happen to be at church or some such gathering---of course my doctor knowing that we provide such a nice income with all five children meets me at his office. Even though I have to drive fourty-five minutes to his office it beats having to sit in the ER for several hours. I did find out that Frans was probably doing it to impress his brother. He put it in then would let it fall out, then put it back again. Only it got caught and when he tried to get it out himself he just jammed it further into his ear. Frans, Frans, Frans when will you learn that popcorn and ears don't mix!

No comments: