Friday, September 12, 2008

Back to School




We're back to school!! Can you believe the summer has gone past already? I can hardly believe my little Frans is a kindergartener!! He was so excited to be able to ride the bus with Haylee and Owen. He is gone to all day kinder and Molly is now the boss...or so she thinks. Mikaydi and Molly have been going through some power stuggles...Molly thinks its her turn to be boss and Mikaydi disagrees. Jax doesn't care whose boss as long as he gets fed--he is a grumpy baby though and that has been hard. I am trying to trust Molly more as the helper. It has been an adjustment for us. Frans has had to get used to having homework everyday. Haylee has already typed her first paper (she did a good job) and she is busy working on her maps--she has to make a map of each state of the US by the end of the year. She is a busy 5th grader. Owen has already had to go and apologize to his teacher as he rolled his eyes at her...Mom and Dad were not happy about that. He asks for extra math homework...he wants stuff that's harder than what he is working on in class (nerd). I told him that if he moves up to the advanced reading group I would buy him whatever Wii game he wants. We will see if he can do it. He is excited to be in 3rd grade. I am just trying to cope with all the changes that come when kids are in school. I like them to be in school because they aren't constantly bored at home, but I miss there help at home and I like to play with them. Life goes on and seasons change.

4 comments:

The TAUFA'S said...

I know what you mean about it being sad to have them away, but also a good thing as well. I enjoy my time for the most part away from the Lillian at work, but then I miss spending the time with her.

ShaRee said...

Cool! Yeah wait till they are all in school, Peter and I love it.

~PEARL & MAT~ said...

Oh fun!!!! You guys are the cutest. I have been in the startings of planning a trip up there sometime but when I say sometime I mean like literally sometime. i have no idea when, but sometime.....

Deborama said...

They look so cute! Its fun to watch the difference in kids and personalities and how they handle the outside world! :)