Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hypercondriact

Let me tell you a little about Frans lately. He has got some anxiety. "Mom, what happens if all your blood goes out of your body?" "I think my brains are coming out of my head!" "What happens when you touch your eye?" And then the 1 am screaming, "MY EYES ARE GOING TO FALL OUT!" Talk about get your heart going...have one of your kids come screaming that in your room. He worries about dying and what happens if he cuts his finger. Oh, yeah yesterday I asked him if he could hear again...he said he couldn't hear so we gave him some ear drops. He tells us, and I quote, "yeah the earwigs left my ears." WHAT? At first when had to pull Owen aside and tell him to stop feeding Frans the bull. Owen tried hard not to smile and said, "well I didn't think he'd believe me!" I almost busted a gut laughing. I shouldn't its not fun having Frans so freaked but at the same time I can totally see Owen's side of things after all it wasn't so long ago that I was freaking Tim and my little brother Frans out about stuff. Frans has gotten so bad that Mike and I have thought about getting him some professional help. He can't go through life being afraid of everything or thinking he is going to die all the time. Any advice out there?

4 comments:

The TAUFA'S said...

I think you are handling it fine. Of course, some lessons on health issues might help.

~PEARL & MAT~ said...

Hmmm...quit the conumdrum. On the one hand its entertaing to hear all the things he comes up with to be afraid of. On the OTHER the cost is you and your childs sanity. Go ahead and tell him I work in a hospital and know EVERYTHING then anytime he is freaked out he can call me and I will tell him if he is going to die or not. ALSO if you recall on What About Bob there is the kid that is afraid of death, but Bob gives him MUCH worse things to be afraid of......let him know death isnt the WORST thing. Theres leprosy, loosing all of your limbs, permanently loosing control of your bowls, the list goes on and ON. = ) oh how fun.

Lauren said...

Wow, I love comments from friends...they care, but have to make it funny. I can't help, because I don't have kids, but then again, I'm still scared of the dark...wink, wink. I think I have all those older brothers to blame and maybe a few cousins.

Deborama said...

Poor little guy! My kids are so scared to go down/up stairs when its dark and they are alone. I keep asking them what they are afraid of, they said a warewolf? We don't watch scary movies at all I wonder if it would help if they did watch a little and see its not real? I mean we have a hard time with all the drama in Bambi. We are huge pansies over here!