Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Super Hero Strength and a Bread Tray



I know he looks so innocent saying his prays but what you don't hear is that he is saying..."help me be strong and be able to beat up..." Okay maybe those aren't his exact words but Frans has been blessed with strength. On Sunday we are at church and just before the sacrament is being passed Frans whispers to me, "I want to pass the thing." I nod my head or something like that as I am trying to get Mikaydi out from under my skirt. Its amazing that the people sitting down the bench from us didn't get a terrible view (I mean terrible, have you seen my thighs). Of course I know that they didn't get a view because I am sure there would have been vomiting going on. Of course they may have been distracted by Molly who had suddenly become an gymnast and decided she can stand on her head...someone should tell her not to do that in a dress. Back to the sacrament so I get the girls under control and then the bread tray comes down the row. It reaches Frans and he grabs it and I reach over to help him and to move it passed me on to Haylee. Frans has apparently been taking lessons on how to shovel bread at break neck speed into his mouth. Oh, he did it with such expertise that I was amazed. Of, course as I tried nicely to take the tray and move it on he used his super human strength to hold on...I swear the kid has super powers. I pulled harder to no avail...all the while he is shoveling bread into his mouth with an amazing amount of ability. Me not realizing that Frans has super strength keeps pulling on the tray--hoping he won't suddenly let go and the tray go flying back three rows. Finally after a carefully placed pinch...the tray moved on. I think there were a few pieces of bread left--I am not sure as I used my advantage and quickly got the tray out of there. Frans has already mastered skills that many young men need to learn in order to be good deacons. He can out wrestle any unruly kid that doesn't want to pass the tray on and he'll be sure to clean up an spilt bread.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thanks for a good laugh! I can totally picture him shoving the bread in as fast as he can. I guess we have a lot to look forward too with our boy someday!