Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Puke, Computers and Jumper Cables

Okay so I have not bloged lately because I accidently crashed Haylee's computer. I was trying to proctect us by putting on a internet filter...after all Haylee will be taking this computer places and if she or Owen gets on line I wanted them protected. Yeah--apparently it doesn't work with Vista or at least the current Vista I have. After being on the phone with the tech guys three different times I finally got it figured out. That was last Saturday...since then I have been having some bad luck. Like yesterday I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. It didn't take them too long and they said I really didn't have too much tartar so I go and check out : "that will be $70 please." What! I have had the same dental insurance for 6 years and had never been charged for a cleaning. Well apparently they did some sort of periodontal cleaning on the five front bottom teeth and insurance doesn't cover that. When do people just do things like that to you with out asking?? I mean if they would of said, "Hey, I am going to do this special cleaning on five of your bottom teeth for $70, okay?" I would of said, "Heck No!" Did they ask me? No, they just did it and said pay the money. I am begining to think dentist are con-men...kind of like my brother Peter says--they're just out to get your money. Sure I might of really needed the cleaning but I should of had the choice to make that decision. I mean it would be like going in for a c-section and the doctor seeing that your over weight deciding to give you lipo and then charging you a whole bunch after wards because you needed it done. Come on. Then I go to pick up the kids from my mom--who is waiting for me at Wal Mart--turn off my car and it won't start. Oh, man! I get the jumper cables out and hook it all up...nothing works. I call Mike and tell him what is happening and that maybe he should of to the new battery I begged him to last weekend. His response, "Uh...sorry and oh yeah the jumper cables aren't the best so you might have to wiggle them and make sure you get a spark." I am sure you can imagine my words after I snapped the phone shut. I take three deep breaths and start wiggling jumper cables. Of course about five seconds later my baby starts screaming at the top of his head. Mom tried to calm him while I was wiggling cables. Finally, I grab the baby and take him out of his car seat. The minute I do he pukes all over my shoulder...so I am standing in the parking lot with puke running down my shirt trying to jump my car...while my mom is following me around trying to wipe the puke off with her emergency stash of paper towels. My dad finally told my mom that it could take 20 minutes to charge and guess what it took 20 minutes to charge. What luck! I won't bore you with any more details of the last few days needless to say it has been a challenge.

No comments: